Re: some thoughts (scratchbox, emdebian/rules)

> An interesting project to watch in this regard might be
> http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/. I didn't try the arm or powerpc
> target support yet though.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Peter.

Wow! That qemu seems to be just the thing for scratchbox! We tested it
with Timo Savola for a while and I compiled glib 2.3.2 using it (so
it ran all the configuration test programs etc. with qemu). Qemu really
seems to work quite well! We will add that to scratchbox tools and
probably make it the default cpu transparency thing after testing it a
bit more.

This means one does not need ARM device and all that sbrsh setupping is
not needed when one wants to use scratchbox for compiling ARM things!

Ofcourse cpu transparency using the real device will be left to
scratchbox regardless.

	- Veli

ps. Lauri Leukkunen and Timo Savola from Scratchbox project will attend
fosdem..