Re: How much space do we need for build machine?

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 06:21:53PM +0000, Wookey wrote:

>But how big is one arch in the archive these days?
>(cc:ed to steve mac, who'll probably know)
>
>Approximations are fine - just some numbers to give paul.

Checking in my local mirror, right now a single arch takes between 6
and 9 GB for binaries, plus ~7 GB for _all packages:

     all:  7022261486
   alpha:  7378614096
     arm:  5856786382
    hppa:  6673194146
    i386:  8730174166
    ia64:  8069066706
    m68k:  5531735300
    mips:  5634719346
  mipsel:  5641004600
 powerpc:  7044914970
    s390:  6251559242
   sparc:  6370129556
   TOTAL: 80204159996

Sources are currently:

.diff.gz:   518794617
    .dsc:    10129763
 .tar.gz: 15150134577
   TOTAL: 15679058957

I hope this is useful... :-)

Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,
Tongue-tied & twisted, Just an earth-bound misfit, I...