Re: an approach for the mini-debian distribution

Wookey wrote:
So we now have somewhere between 3 and 4 schemes for building small debian
systems. Maybe Embedded Debian should just be an agnostic breeding ground
for different schemes?

:-)

If that ends up happening, I'd like to suggest one more scheme:
because one of the problems I hear about is circular dependencies,
you could use a scheme like http://ptxdist.sf.net to build
an initial environment containing a few key things needed
to break the dependency cycles, then build the rest the 'usual debian way',
perhaps even rebuilding the initial environment properly using the
debian packages.
- Dan