Re: Xemacs needs a real maintainer

On Tue, Mar 09 2004 at 06:26:37PM BRT, Jérôme Marant <jmarant@nerim.net> wrote:
> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
>
> > You are kidding? Xemacs is still in some ways superior to emacs and
> > giving up Xemacs is making debian *less* attractive.
>
> Just curious. Any example of how XEmacs is in some ways superior
> to Emacs? (this is a serious question). Thanks.

        I don't know if that's changed since then, but one of the reasons I
switched from FSF Emacs to XEmacs is that, with XEmacs, gnuclient opens the
requested file in a new window in the console where I called it, not in the
original emacs windows (as happens with FSF Emacs).

                rbp
--
 Rodrigo Bernardo Pimentel                         <rbp@isnomore.net>
 http://isnomore.net                          GPG KeyId: <0x0DB14978>

Interviewer: It must have been a great honour, meeting the Queen!
Ron Nasty: Yeah, must have been...
          -- The Rutles