Re: Re Re Xemacs needs help

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 13:27:36 -0800, Brian Nelson <pyro@debian.org> said:

> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> writes:
>> On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 13:33:49 -0800, Brian Nelson <pyro@debian.org>
>> said:

>>> Yes, but I don't think any package in unstable should ever be
>>> permanently not fit for testing (temporary unsuitability is norma
>>
>> Do you have a reason, or is this mere personal opinion? If indeed
>> you happen to have a technical reason, please share.

> My opinion, influenced by that of the RM:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2003/debian-devel-announce-200308/msg00010.html

	*Shrug*. The word of the RM is, of course, the final one when
 it comes to packages heading for release. And if you do put a package
 in unstable, and do not mark it with a RC bug, you better follow aj's
 advice and make it release quality.

	However, these are not packages meant for release, and these
 are never meant to get into testing, which is the RM's realm.

	my advice, for what it is worth, is that it would be
 perfectly fine to have CVS emacs in unstable, marked as CVS, and BTS
 tagged to never get into testing.

	manoj
--
We're here to give you a computer, not a religion. attributed to Bob
Pariseau, at the introduction of the Amiga