Re: Re Xemacs needs help

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 14:41:45 -0800, Brian Nelson <pyro@debian.org> said:

> Jérôme Marant <jmarant@free.fr> writes:

>>> Keep in mind that anything uploaded to unstable really should be
>>> fit for a stable Debian release (IMO anyway).
>>
>> RC bugs prevent packages to enter testing.

> And that's an ugly kludge that should be used minimally and only
> temporarily (again IMO).

	Eh? How's it a kludge when it is in the definition of the
 Serious severity?

serious
    is a severe violation of Debian policy (that is, it violates a
    "must" or "required" directive), or, in the package maintainer's
    opinion, makes the package unsuitable for release.

	This severity is *designed* to allow packages to live in
 unstable that should not yet go into testing.

	manoj
--
Am I elected yet?