Re: Re Xemacs needs help

> On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 14:41:45 -0800, Brian Nelson <pyro@debian.org> said:
>
>> Jérôme Marant <jmarant@free.fr> writes:

>>> RC bugs prevent packages to enter testing.
>
>> And that's an ugly kludge that should be used minimally and only
>> temporarily (again IMO).
>
> 	Eh? How's it a kludge when it is in the definition of the
>  Serious severity?
>
> serious
>     is a severe violation of Debian policy (that is, it violates a
>     "must" or "required" directive), or, in the package maintainer's
>     opinion, makes the package unsuitable for release.
>
> 	This severity is *designed* to allow packages to live in
>  unstable that should not yet go into testing.

Yes, but I don't think any package in unstable should ever be
permanently not fit for testing (temporary unsuitability is normal and
often unavoidable).  A package should *never* have an RC bug open for a
significant amount of time.  If it does, it does not belong in unstable.

All I'm trying to say is that if Emacs CVS snapshots are uploaded to
unstable, it should be done with the intention of releasing it in a
stable Debian release.

--
Don't worry, it's *in*-flammable.