Re: FYI: GNU Emacs Manual to be moved to non-free

On 15 May 2003 12:42:55 -0400, Thien-Thi Nguyen <ttn@glug.org> said:

> i'm no populist, but it strikes me no matter how you phrase it, that
> an organization dedicated to user freedoms has latent problems if
> its basic policy process doesn't emanate from the users.

	Sorry. Those who do the work make the decisions. While we have
 all agreed to put the needs of our users high on the list; ultimately
 what I work on, and how much work I put in, depends on my interest,
 the demands of home, work, and family, and motivation.

	If this is not enough, you know where to go to to start
 helping.

> by restricting yourselves (in your mind, apart from the users) w/
> insufficient granularity, you end up in practice restricting the
> users anyway, driving them to help each other apart from you, and
> inducing their mistrust.

	What did you expect, a free lunch?

	manoj
--
"This generation may be the one that will face Armageddon." Ronald
Reagan, "People" magazine, December 26, 1985