Re: future of emacs20

Peter S Galbraith <p.galbraith@globetrotter.net> writes:
> I'm not a great fan of orphaning complicated packages.  Are there users
> that need emacs20 because emacs21 is broken for some things?

>From what I've seen on the emacs groups, it's mostly people who are
very conservative about changing what works, and those who dislike the
`new fangled' look of emacs 21.

I expect the latter group could largely be satisfied by a guide to
turning off the various new features of emacs 21 that they dislike
(perhaps the debian site file could even have an `emacs20ify' function);
I think the one sticky point is that unless you use `emacs -nw', turning
off the [left] fringe is not entirely equivalent to the old emacs
overflow-indicator column.

-Miles
--
"Though they may have different meanings, the cries of 'Yeeeee-haw!' and
 'Allahu akbar!' are, in spirit, not actually all that different."