Re: future of emacs20

Rob Browning <rlb@defaultvalue.org> wrote:

> I'm wondering about the future of the emacs20 package(s).

>                 I suppose the options are for me to orphan it, for
> someone else to take it over, or for me to suck it up and get back to
> work on it.
>
> Thoughts?

I'm not a great fan of orphaning complicated packages.  Are there users
that need emacs20 because emacs21 is broken for some things?  If not,
and there's no real reason for emacs20, I'd suggest that you offer it up
for adoption but don't orphan it.  If there are no takers within 1 month
or so, then pull the package from the archive.  That's what I tend to do
anyway, instead of orphaning.

If I were you, I'd also wouldn't have a lot of interest for maintianing
emacs20.

Peter