Re: How to paste Chinese text from Emacs to other X apps in KDE3

>> I used to be able to paste Chinese texts from Emacs to other X apps
>> until upgrading to KDE3 last year via setting
>> "set-selection-coding-system" to "chinese-iso-8bit-with-esc".
>>
>> I get western characters (ASCII >127) rather than correct Chinese
>> characters when copying Chinese text in Emacs (actually Emacs21) in
>> KDE3.1.

P> I have the same problem! I solved it temporarily by saving the file
P> and open it in KWord, which lets me to choose the encoding. But this
P> is too anoying! I'll be glad if someone can solve this :-)

All I know is that here in xcin and icewm and mozilla and emacs21 I can
cut and paste and even utf-8 from mozilla becomes big5 nicely in
emacs.  Maybe it's something I do in http://jidanni.org/comp/emacs.txt

I can't see chinese in icewm icons though.
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780