Re: Splitting of XEmacs21 elisp packages

 Daniel> Honestly, though, I'm getting less and less convinced myself
 Daniel> that this is a good idea.

This is basically the reason I haven't done this.  It seemed like a
lot of work for basically no gain.

The thing that I have considered though is another package that will
provide xemacs21-basesupport and xemacs21-mulesupport that will
contain _no_ elisp and will instead use xemacs's package update tools
to download the xemacs packages from the xemacs site, but this can't
replace the other packages.

If anyone wants to work on providing a patch to the current source to
provide these packages please feel free.  I don't know when I'll have
a chance to work through the issues involved.

Oh and for the record I'm working on new sumo-esque packages now, but
having a few problems with some necessary changes so sometime next
week they should be uploaded.

Jim

--
@James LewisMoss <dres@debian.org>      |  Blessed Be!