Re: fwupdate (Re: efivar 0.18-1 uploaded to unstable)

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 11:13:02PM -0500, Dominguez, Jared wrote:
Well, for now, I have a quick quilt patch so that fwupdate builds
(almost). I'm waiting on Peter before actually committing anything.

Relatedly, fwupdate wants pesign at the end of building. I notice
neither pesign nor sbsigntool are in Debian. Is this a path I want to
tread down? I'm fine with maintaining pesign as well, but I know there's
been an aversion to anything Secure Boot related in Debian so don't want
to step into anything smelly. :)

--Jared

Well, I decided to package pesign anyway. The only issue is that it doesn't build for the same reason efibootmgr doesn't build with efivar 0.18. I talked to Peter, and he's aware and is in the middle of a multi-project release. Once he completes that, I can go ahead. Once that happens, would you be willing to sponsor both pesign and fwupdate? If you're busy, that's fine too since I have other open offers for sponsoring too. But these packages are all related anyway.

--Jared

--
Jared Domínguez
Infrastructure Software Engineering