Re: On coordinating translations of debian-edu-doc: some thoughts

Hi Holger,

It looks like we somewhere lost the mailing list (So Cc-ed it again)

Holger Levsen schreef op za 26-10-2019 om 19:55 [+0000]:
> Hi Frans,
>

> > > would maybe using a different branch for weblate help? (a branch
> > > where not-yet-ready translations could stay...)
> >
> > Probably this could offer a way out.
> > A long-lasting branch "branch-hosted-weblate" (or a much cuter
> > branch
> > name) at salsa, with the not-yet-ready translations included, and
> > that
> > mirrors the master branch at salsa except for the not-yet-ready
> > translations, and that functions as origin for hosted-weblate (this
> > is
> > configurable at the weblate side), would at least bring us back to
> > situation that can be managed the way I was used to before not-yet-
> > ready translations showed up.
>
> ok, cool. let's go this route then!(?!)

Yes, let's give it a try.

> for the branch name, what about "weblate"? :)

Ok, weblate is fine for me.
Who should create that branch?

> > With such a setup and with a local copy of salsa and of hosted
> > weblate
> > on my PC, I could merge in individual files and I would be able to
> > solve possible merge conflicts the way I was used to in the past.
> >
> > If we would chose to try out this solution, I woud prefer first to
> > handle things manually for a certain time, in order to get used to
> > the
> > new situation and in order to learn more on possible drawbacks,
> > before
> > moving forward in looking for a procedure that gets things done
> > automatically as much as possible, while avoiding merge conflicts.
>
> sounds like a plan! I hope it works out! ;)

Not really a plan. Rather a wish to drop as much as possible error
prone manual interventions. We'll have to find out how far we can get
on this. But that is for later.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,
Frans Spiesschaert