Re: On coordinating translations of debian-edu-doc: some thoughts

Hi Holger,

Sorry for this late reply, but maybe you remember that I told you that
I would be away for a long time.

Holger Levsen schreef op zo 16-06-2019 om 11:16 [+0000]:
> Hi Frans,
>
> thanks for taking the time for this write up!
>
> On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 05:26:15PM +0200, Frans Spiesschaert wrote:
> >
> > Nowadays I see debian-edu-doc updates from the wiki happen with
> > irregular time intervals and see them happen unannounced.
>
> i'm not sure how to change this without (other) downsides.
>
> > This is in my opinion a rather tedious and inelegant workflow.
> > So I would prefer if we could come to a coordinated workflow (see
> > above
> > under "Applied to debian-edu-doc this would mean....") between
> > salsa
> > and weblate, e.g. once a week at a given time.
>

> cant we sync from weblate to git more often, like daily?

I don't think it's a matter of frequency, but rather a matter of
sequence. As I see it, in a flawless workflow, all translation updates
from weblate should be pulled in just before a debian-edu-doc update
from the wiki happens. Maybe it would be doable over time to integrate
this procedure in the scripts that make the update from the wiki
happen. Or would such a workflow be impossible in reality according to
you?

I didn't had the time to fully reintroduce myself yet, but at first
sight, there hasn't been that much activity with regard to weblate
during my absence. I just noticed that at Weblate two requests were
filed to add a new language to Debian Edu Documentation/Buster Manual
(Portuguese (pt_PT) and Croatian (hr)). Do we still need a minimal
number of translated strings before new languages can be added to the
git repo at Salsa?

--
Kind regards,
Frans Spiesschaert