Re: On coordinating translations of debian-edu-doc: some thoughts

Hi Frans,

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 11:22:48PM +0200, Frans Spiesschaert wrote:

> > > I don't think it's a matter of frequency, but rather a matter of
> > > sequence. As I see it, in a flawless workflow, all translation
> > > updates from weblate should be pulled in just before a debian-edu-doc
> > > update from the wiki happens.
> > while updating (weblate) from git as often as git is updated?
> Indeed.
> I thought this was already the case, but I seem to be mistaken at that
> point, because Weblate is using an outdated pot-file for the moment.

hmm. can we automate this more? What needs to be done to update weblate
after git is updated from the wiki? Can this be scripted? I'd be happy
to run a script, less happy to login to some webservice...

> > > Maybe it would be doable over time to integrate
> > > this procedure in the scripts that make the update from the wiki
> > > happen. Or would such a workflow be impossible in reality according
> > > to you?
> > see my question above first :)
> I suppose the command line tool wlc could be helpful here.

oh oh oh. Do you know more by now or can you find out?

> > Sadly I dont remember what I considered a minimum before, so this
> > time we should add that number to documentation/common/README.common-
> > translations :/
> >
> > Maybe 15%?
> I understand. Both Portugese and Croatian are by far not at 15% yet.

ok. I will take a note now to mention this requirement somewhere easy to
find.

--
cheers,
	Holger