Re: About Debian edu manual terminology, etc.

Dear Wolfgang Schweer,

On 5/11/19 12:58 AM, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:
On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 11:53:45PM +0900, hoxp18 wrote:
I started building my isolated Debian Edu Buster env,
then I got a trouble around gateway.
(I have to start with gateway by personal issue)

It's about NIC name rules. ethN -> enpxxx

I tried Debian Edu Buster 2019-05-06 netinst,
Minimal Profile install on my amd64 dual NIC machine
to make it my gateway.

eth0 and eth1 is preconfigured in /etc/network/interfaces,
but they fail when "service networking start".

/sys/class/net shows the NICs as "enp0s31f6" and "enp1s0".

I replaced eth0 and eth1 by them. Then it works.

Please check /etc/default/grub, for the "Minimal" profile it should be:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="net.ifnames=0 quiet"
If it isn't the case, adjust it and run 'update-grub' and reboot.

This makes sure that eth0 and eth1 are kept.

Wolfgang

I completely had no idea about that kernel parameter.

I'll check-it and reinstall-the-gateway ASAP.
(Since I'm in LAN cables and KVM shortage;
 I have to do messy re-cabling for a while)

Thank you. Have a nice day.