Re: Need some direction with edu packages ported from ubuntu to debian

Sure, I will do that.
Thanks for the quick reply:)

On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 1:40 AM Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de> wrote:
HI Deepanshu

I'll be afk starting from tomorrow (for the next 14 days). So only
some small pointers from me...

On  Do 26 Jul 2018 22:00:56 CEST, Deepanshu wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have created the education meta-packages. education-preschool,
> education-primaryschool, education-secondaryschool, education-highschool.
> Created a separate repository salsa.debian for it -
> https://salsa.debian.org/d78ui98-guest/education-packages
> I fixed all the bugs and warning that found using lintian.

1. don't commit any .deb files or other packaging files to Git. Only
debian/ (and possibly upstream files).

2. look at Debian blends and the blends framework for creating meta
packages. In fact, you simply need to add some lines to the
debian-edu.tasks file in src:package debian-edu.

Wolfgang Schweer wrote about all that in a previous mail, please
review his writings from some weeks ago. It was all in there.

> Also, I have included vagrant directory that has a Vagrantfile and some
> scripts. It would automatically create
> and install these debian packages by just a single command `vagrant up`. If
> the user has vagrant installed.

The vagrant files will not be needed. We use scripts from the
blends-dev package to create the debian/control file and normal
dpkg-buildpackage to create the .deb files.

https://salsa.debian.org/debian-edu/debian-edu or somewhere else. So I
> have not created any merge requests yet.
>  I would need some help with that.

Please re-read the previous mails.

@Wolfgang: can you provide more input if needed? Thanks!

Mike
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31