Re: Collecting reports from Debian Edu sprint

Hi Nik, hi all,

On  Fr 01 Jun 2018 15:39:20 CEST, Dominik George wrote:

Hi,

better late than never ☺… We still need to collect reports from everyone who
attended the Debian Edu sprint at MiniDebConf in Hamburg.  I am sending this
to the list because maybe someone who was not there physicially also did
something that might be worth mentioning.

In fact, I did not get to that much hacking at miniDebConf HH. Not as much as I wanted. Instead, we did a lot of talking, getting to know each other better, exchanging anecdotes about working with schools.

Here is a rough list of things I got done:

  * get to know Wolfgang Schweer finally in person \o/
  * sit down with Juri Grabowski, talk about his journey of becoming a DD,
    supported him with ITA'ing bindgraph and very likely joining in
    with maintaining nodm
  * pack up some Oracle Java8 security release for our school customers (/me
    ducks)
  * prepare a new diskless workstation deployment for our school customers
    (including desktop-autoloader support)
* look into patching guacamole-server to build against FreeRDP v2 (unfinished)
  * find that d-e-c shipped an old kerberos.schema file (+ updated it)
  * get to know Lars, the new Munin upstream and downstream maintainer
  * help out as co-speaker in Nik's Debian Edu talk on Sunday morning
  * discuss and give feedback on native integration of desktop-autoloader
    (thanks to Klaus Ade, the original idea giver) into Debian Edu LTSP Fat
    Clients
  * discuss with Andrew Shadura about Xlib -> XCB porting

Please, e-mail me a few sentences about what you did during the sprint.  I
will put it together and add some notes concerning the sprint meetings we
had, and forward everything to the sprints team and the DPL.

I think one major outcome from us all meeting in Hamburg is that the Alioth -> Salsa migration was done as a nice team effort in +/- a single day (plus some extra bits and pieces later on).

Thanks to all of you/us for working on Debian Edu / Skolelinux

light+love,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31