Re: Collecting reports from Debian Edu sprint

Hi again,

On  Sa 02 Jun 2018 21:43:44 CEST, Mike Gabriel wrote:

I think one major outcome from us all meeting in Hamburg is that the Alioth -> Salsa migration was done as a nice team effort in +/- a single day (plus some extra bits and pieces later on).

I feel like having to deepen the above a little more.

My personal point is that meeting people I work with in person (rather than being in touch often on a daily or at least weekly basis via IRC) boosts up the team feeling, with team as in real persons coming together and working on the same topic.

On IRC we rarely laugh together, get excited about found bugs, etc. Written heated debates on IRC are different (endangered to be less respectful) from real life debates. On IRC people rarely tell longish and funny anecdotes. Esp. not while enjoying delicious food.

For technical cooperation over long distances, IRC is gorgeous and to my POV highly effective. But it cannot substitute sharing and personal interaction. So coming together is always very precious and brings people closer together. And this boosts up the technical cooperation IMHO and the team commitment.

We had all that at miniDebConf HH... So, thanks to all people making this possible.

:-D

Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31