Re: Offline installations no longer possible with DebianEdu Stretch?

On Sat, Oct 28, 2017 at 04:10:52PM +0200, roman.meier@gismap.ch wrote:
> For the first time I also used boot parameters and I switched from kde to
> lxde.

> Issue 1:
>
> I'm facing issues with my thin clients. My diskless workstations work
> just fine. None of my thin clients is able to boot anymore. The login
> screen never shows and I get a black screen. I faced this issue before
> with a few somehow special hardware thin clients but now all seem to
> be affected and on both subnets.

I'm unable to reproduce it, thin clients are working on both subnets.

> Issue 2:
>
> When I start the server and get to the login screen I have the option
> 'Plasma' available.
[..]
> Is there a way to fully remove kde so the user cannot use
> it anymore and get stuck?

(Parts of KDE are pulled in due to some dependencies and shouldn't be
removed.)
The available sessions show up in the /usr/share/xsessions directory.
To disable the KDE related one, you could move the file away.
First test it:
dpkg-divert --test --add --rename /usr/share/xsessions/plasma.desktop

Then drop the '--test' param to actually do it.

After running 'service lightdm restart' the 'Plasma' choice shouldn't
show up anymore.

Wolfgang