Re: Impressive GOsa start and log in waiting times

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 05:42:29PM +0200, roman.meier@gismap.ch wrote:
> I?m still using a rather low performance test setup but it?s not just
> rubbish having a dual core intel processor with 8gb ram, right?

That's totally ok.

> To start GOsa and log into kann take as long as 20 seconds. I wonder why,
> because I?m monitoring cpu load using ?top? and it?s rather idle not doing
> much. This is especially strange because I?m working directly on the main
> server eliminating network issues.

I suspect a network issue. IIRC Firefox tries to connect to some
(Mozilla related?) sites on startup. So as long as you miss a proper
network setup (with gateway 10.0.0.1, see manual) it'll be like
experienced. You could try Chromium w/ https://10.0.2.2/gosa instead;
you'll need to accept an unsecure connection, though.

Wolfgang