Re: DVD image for Stretch?

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 02:18:06PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Wolfgang Schweer]
> > So to be able to install one or more Debian Edu supported DEs using the
> > USB ISO image w/o internet connectivity, tasks.ctl should IMO contain:
> >
> > priority-high:education-desktop-other
> > priority-high:education-desktop-kde
> > priority-high:education-desktop-gnome
> > priority-high:education-desktop-xfce
> > priority-high:education-desktop-lxde
> > priority-high:education-desktop-mate
>
> I doubt that make sense.  We want more control over the cutoff point.

some documentation for tasks.ctl would probably help here ;)

> So -other should be first, and probably only one of the others should
> have high priority, the one we want as the default desktop.  I assume
> here we want all the mainserver software on the ISO ahead of optional
> desktop packages.

I see…

> > I'm just wondering which size the ISO would have...
> The size is that of a Blueray ISO.  This make me doubt all these
> desktops would make it into the ISO.

I'm actually not so sure… xfce+lxde+mate are pretty small…

How much is the actual size of a real Bluray ISO (not "Blueray"…) an
issue? I expect 0 people to burn actual Blurays and rather think people
will use USB media instead… (so 16GB is quite common…)

Another question: are changes to tasks.ctl in debian-edu.git immediatly
used for building the images or does it need a src:debian-edu upload?

--
cheers,
	Holger