Re: Debian Installer Stretch Alpha 6 release

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 12:19:46AM +0200, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:
> Just tried it, cause I was curious what would be installed. No surprise:
> the edu blend install fails brilliantly, cause no udebs are involved to
> modify the tasksel behaviour. As checked after installing (using the
> choice 'Debian Edu' the package education-tasks is installed which would
> IMO enable only very skilled users to install Debian Edu using tasksel
> and some command line tools. Not an option at all.
>
> Also, the selection that tasksel presents to the user is too overloaded
> as it has been already pointed out elsewhere.
>
> IMO with an installer designed like this one Debian would not be able to
> attract more users.

/me nods. Thanks for confirming!

I agree with the above, though to me there is another point: this is the
first official Debian installation image, which has a user selectable
choice to install Debian Edu. Even if it's totally broken right now,
this is an important step IMO.

And it's just an Alpha release, aka a very early preview… :-)

--
cheers,
	Holger