Re: Debian Installer Stretch Alpha 6 release

On 23/05/2016 00:41, Holger Levsen wrote:
Also, the selection that tasksel presents to the user is too overloaded
as it has been already pointed out elsewhere.

IMO with an installer designed like this one Debian would not be able to
attract more users.

/me nods. Thanks for confirming!

I agree with the above, though to me there is another point: this is the
first official Debian installation image, which has a user selectable
choice to install Debian Edu. Even if it's totally broken right now,
this is an important step IMO.

Agreed! It's a huge step forward and will make Debian-Edu more accessible and easier to test for many!

I'll do some bug hunting on that after DC16 is done and dusted (or maybe there could even be a sprint at DebCamp if anyone is interested?)

-Jonathan