Re: Debian Installer Stretch Alpha 6 release

On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 09:28:25PM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 11:13:17PM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> >  * Debian Pure Blends can now be enabled directly from the Software
> >    selection screen. This might change in a later release though
> >    (#758116).
>
> did someone try this for edu? what happens? does one get the profile
> question?

Just tried it, cause I was curious what would be installed. No surprise:
the edu blend install fails brilliantly, cause no udebs are involved to
modify the tasksel behaviour. As checked after installing (using the
choice 'Debian Edu' the package education-tasks is installed which would
IMO enable only very skilled users to install Debian Edu using tasksel
and some command line tools. Not an option at all.

Also, the selection that tasksel presents to the user is too overloaded
as it has been already pointed out elsewhere.

IMO with an installer designed like this one Debian would not be able to
attract more users.

Wolfgang