Re: New package lists for debian-edu tasks

[Ole Streicher]
> Hi,
>
> I just joined the debian-edu team on alioth to help maintaining the
> edu-astronomy task (which should be identical to the astro-education
> task of debian-astro), and I would take the opportunity to ask you for a
> review of the re-newed package lists pages.

Welcome, and thank you for looking into this. :)

Btw, one very cool program in the task is Celestia, which unfortunatly
is no longer included in Debian unstable and testing, see
that the program depend on libraries no longer shipped by Debian.  Do
you know if anyone is working on getting Celestia into shape for Debian?
It is very sad if we no longer will have the universe simulator included
in the future. :)

> To compare the two alternatives, have a look at
>
> http://blends.debian.org/edu/tasks/astronomy (original)
> http://blends.debian.org/astro/tasks/education (alternative)

Btw, what about making one of the packages depend on the other, and only
maintain the list in one spot?

> Please let me know any comments or hints for improvements on the new
> pages. And shall I keep the original pages as they are or do you want
> to change to the alternative pages (which is currently used for
> debian-astro and hamradio)?

Personally I like the original pages better than the new ones, but I do
not really have strong opinion on this.

--
Happy hacking