Re: anonymous accounts

On 10/09/15 15:31, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:
On Fri, Oct 09, 2015 at 09:47:48AM +0200, Simon Oosthoek wrote:
We want the act of logging out to cause the reset of the account,
which means that anything stored via the terminal must be removed or
the default state reloaded. Could there be a guest user in gosa that
uses a (local) temporary directory as home on a diskless workstation?
No, not in GOsa. But as LTSP is configurable to a very high degree, the
following might work.

(1) Add a local user 'guest' (w/o password) in the LTSP client chroot.
     ltsp-chroot useradd -m -d /home/guest guest
     ltsp-chroot usermod -p '' guest
     ltsp-chroot usermod -U guest

(2) Use the stock display manager (default is kdm) instead of LDM.
     In /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf (under [default] or for
     special workstations using [ws-mac-address]) you have to set:
     DEFAULT_DISPLAY_MANAGER=/usr/bin/kdm

(3) Use KDM auto login for the local user.
     In /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/kde4/kdm/kdmrc set:
     AutoLoginEnable=true
     AutoLoginUser=guest

Everything specific for user 'guest' will exist only temporarily in RAM
(on each actually used diskless ws). After logging out nothing is saved,
nothing is left behind.

Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang

such a construction would be more or less ideal, but I'm wondering whether users can still have the option to login with their gosa login and own homedirectory. I'll have to try it of course...

Cheers

Simon