Re: anonymous accounts

On Fri, Oct 09, 2015 at 09:47:48AM +0200, Simon Oosthoek wrote:

> We want the act of logging out to cause the reset of the account,
> which means that anything stored via the terminal must be removed or
> the default state reloaded. Could there be a guest user in gosa that
> uses a (local) temporary directory as home on a diskless workstation?

No, not in GOsa. But as LTSP is configurable to a very high degree, the
following might work.

(1) Add a local user 'guest' (w/o password) in the LTSP client chroot.
    ltsp-chroot useradd -m -d /home/guest guest
    ltsp-chroot usermod -p '' guest
    ltsp-chroot usermod -U guest

(2) Use the stock display manager (default is kdm) instead of LDM.
    In /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf (under [default] or for
    special workstations using [ws-mac-address]) you have to set:
    DEFAULT_DISPLAY_MANAGER=/usr/bin/kdm

(3) Use KDM auto login for the local user.
    In /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/kde4/kdm/kdmrc set:
    AutoLoginEnable=true
    AutoLoginUser=guest

Everything specific for user 'guest' will exist only temporarily in RAM
(on each actually used diskless ws). After logging out nothing is saved,
nothing is left behind.

Wolfgang