Re: src:fet: anybody interested here?

On Sun, Jun 07, 2015 at 10:53:38PM +0000, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> Hi Petter, hi Mattia,

ah, thanks for CCing me, since I'm not subscribed to the -edu@ list. I forgot to
mention so in my first email.
But i guess you and Petter are subscribed, so I won't CC you. Please tell me
whether you'd prefer me being subscribed.

> On  So 07 Jun 2015 21:16:31 CEST, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> >I'm interested in this automatic timetabling software, and have often
> I shyly raise my arm here.

YAY!
Two DD interested is great anyway, whatever they can actually do :)
That means the bus factor is rasonably lower. And even if this is not due to a
bus but just to me being more interested in staring at a beer (rather than
drinking it) than in keeping the package updated.

> Please let me know what you have done, what you plan to do, what you can do
> and what you can't do.

I actually did nothing than looking at the package state.
From my pov these are the following steps:

1) checking against the MIA db whether the process started or the person is
   really MIA (not being a DD means i don't have access to quantz)
2) If yes I'd do a "co-hijack", that is, uploading a package adding ourselves to
   Uploaders:
3) if you ack (and someone do the 1) i can then run `gbp import-dscs --debsnap`
   to get a working place and upload that to collab-maint (if someone disagree
   to using git then, meh, i'm sorry, dunno what to do ;))
4) i can do the work needed this first time, namely:
   * update the package to last upstream release https://bugs.debian.org/759229
   * update the description https://bugs.debian.org/759227
   * add the homepage field https://bugs.debian.org/765556
   * rewrite d/rules to use dh(1)
   * check the build process and
     + verify the hardening build flags are ok
     + include whatever is someone left out https://launchpad.net/bugs/1404027
   * fix old-fsf-address-in-copyright-file lintian warning
5) it's on my plan for the future experimenting with cme(1). "Unfurtunatly" all
   my packages already have a d/copyright already up-to-date using dep5 and
   messing with cme on such already done changelog seems just loosing time. Yet,
   i am interested in learning+experimenting with that tool and this package
   seems perfect (no dep5 copyright, few files with few licenses). So i'm
   willing to rewrite the d/copyright (far future, might also be after dc15)

This is my general plan.

> I'll try to jump in where you cannot do the work.

I guess you can jump in wherever you want in the list above (please left point
5 to me!) ;)
Expecially apprecieted would be doing 1 and then upload the package (i can't do
that myself yet, hopefully before dc15 i'll have enough powers!)

Thanks for volunteering! :D
I'm more interested in "general QA" rather than in the package itself, so most
probably after doing this initial bits you'll be most probably alone. Not that
i'm going to disappear, but i'll for sure less interested than now.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

GPG Key: 66AE 2B4A FCCF 3F52 DA18  4D18 4B04 3FCD B944 4540         .''`.
more about me:  http://mapreri.org                                 : :'  :
Launchpad user: https://launchpad.net/~mapreri                     `. `'`
Debian QA page: https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=mattia     `-