Re: src:fet: anybody interested here?

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 2:25 AM, Mattia Rizzolo <mattia@mapreri.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 07, 2015 at 10:53:38PM +0000, Mike Gabriel wrote:
>> Hi Petter, hi Mattia,
>
> ah, thanks for CCing me, since I'm not subscribed to the -edu@ list. I forgot to
> mention so in my first email.
> But i guess you and Petter are subscribed, so I won't CC you. Please tell me
> whether you'd prefer me being subscribed.
>
>> On  So 07 Jun 2015 21:16:31 CEST, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
>> >I'm interested in this automatic timetabling software, and have often
>> I shyly raise my arm here.
>
> YAY!
> Two DD interested is great anyway, whatever they can actually do :)
> That means the bus factor is rasonably lower. And even if this is not due to a
> bus but just to me being more interested in staring at a beer (rather than
> drinking it) than in keeping the package updated.
>
>> Please let me know what you have done, what you plan to do, what you can do
>> and what you can't do.
>
> I actually did nothing than looking at the package state.
> From my pov these are the following steps:
>
> 1) checking against the MIA db whether the process started or the person is
>    really MIA (not being a DD means i don't have access to quantz)
> 2) If yes I'd do a "co-hijack", that is, uploading a package adding ourselves to
>    Uploaders:
> 3) if you ack (and someone do the 1) i can then run `gbp import-dscs --debsnap`
>    to get a working place and upload that to collab-maint (if someone disagree
>    to using git then, meh, i'm sorry, dunno what to do ;))
> 4) i can do the work needed this first time, namely:
>    * update the package to last upstream release https://bugs.debian.org/759229
>    * update the description https://bugs.debian.org/759227
>    * add the homepage field https://bugs.debian.org/765556
>    * rewrite d/rules to use dh(1)
>    * check the build process and
>      + verify the hardening build flags are ok
>      + include whatever is someone left out https://launchpad.net/bugs/1404027
>    * fix old-fsf-address-in-copyright-file lintian warning
> 5) it's on my plan for the future experimenting with cme(1). "Unfurtunatly" all
>    my packages already have a d/copyright already up-to-date using dep5 and
>    messing with cme on such already done changelog seems just loosing time. Yet,
>    i am interested in learning+experimenting with that tool and this package
>    seems perfect (no dep5 copyright, few files with few licenses). So i'm
>    willing to rewrite the d/copyright (far future, might also be after dc15)
>

> This is my general plan.

well, also all done:
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/fet.git

looks like cme is not quite ready, and this software is made up by
only two persons that can share a single copyright entry. meh.
Anyway, imho it's just ready as-is, feel free to do whatever you want now ;)

Goodbye o/

--
regards,
Mattia Rizzolo