Re: jessie live images

On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 09:17:28PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> [Holger Levsen]
> > According to Wolfgang this relied on the removed kiosktool, so stopped
> > working?!!
>
> Well, I suspect he just misunderstand what the comment was all about.
> That tool had a different purpose than the desktop profile we provide to
> get our structure in the Education sub-menu.

Hm, I thought I understood. But obviously the reasoning was too brief /
not quite correct. When KDE shifted their gui paradigm from 'Desktop
Environment' (KDE3 / Lenny) to 'Plasma' (KDE4 / Squeeze) the KDE kiosk
configuration changed too. The Debian Edu setup to serve group related
Desktops failed in Squeeze (reordering the sub-menu structure worked).

This has been discussed briefly on the debian-edu@ list related to bug
#653912 about 3 years ago.

A Bug report about outdated code / files as proposed by Holger will be
filed the next days.

Wolfgang