Re: jessie live images

Hi Petter,

On Montag, 12. Januar 2015, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > I've started on working on creating Debian Edu Jessie based live
> > images, using live-build from jessie. This has been a rather pleasant
> > process, and I successfull made some .isos.
> Great!
> Were can I download to test it?

you cannot, those are not ment for consumption by users. (I generally don't
trust jenkins.d.n to build such binaries.)

so my next step will be to get these builds done on pettersen.debian.org and
while at it, also build jessie live images for Debian proper.

> > And then I wonder, what "Features: The KDE desktop profile for
> > students/pupils. " on
> > https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Jessie/AppendixB means
> > exactly?!
> It mean the desktop-profile setting in
> /etc/desktop-profiles/debian-edu-config.listing is activated because the
> first user is a made a member of the students file group.  This in turn
> mean the default KDE settings provided in /usr/share/debian-edu/students
> andused on networked Debian Edu clients are activated, like the replaced
> favorites list.

According to Wolfgang this relied on the removed kiosktool, so stopped
working?!!

cheers,
	Holger