Re: can't log in on workstation

[Nigel Barker]
> It looks like it, but when I log in as root, ws01 can ping tjener, and also
> out onto the internet, by name

Right.  Then it is something else.

I've been able to reproduce the problem, and it is caused by
debian-edu-ldapserver returning a bogus value, becase dnsdomainname do
not return a valid DNS domain for hosts with the generated host names
(the auto-mac-*.intern names).  The bogus value is stored in
/etc/ldap/ldap.conf during installation, and get stuck there.

If you remove the 'dnsdomainname: Name or service not known' strings
in /etc/ldap/ldap.conf I believe everything should work as expected.

I've commited a fix to svn to ensure debian-edu-ldapserver handle this
case better in the future.

> Am I doing the gosa thing right?

Probably. :)

--