Re: tzdata problems etc

Hi

On Mon, Jul 08, 2013 at 11:25:59PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Giorgio Pioda]
> > Hi Petter,
>
> Hi. :)
>
> >> Which installation choices did you select?
> >>

> > I used the NETINST iso image burned on a CD.
>
> I mean which language and profile choices did you select during
> installation?  Did you change the desktop selection on the boot
> prompt?

Italian language, Swiss Italian location, Swiss Frech Keyboard,
like allways (a little exotic, I know, but we live here)

> > Long output in kdm.log mainly a:
> >
> > kdmgreet (4141)/kdecore (K*TimeZone*) complaining that ktimezoned
> > D-Buss call failed
>
> Hm, never seen that one myself.  Are you sure it is relevant and not
> happening also with successful installs?  Anything interesting in
> /var/log/auth.log from the failing login attempt?

I have to check at work, later this morning

> >> It should list http://webcache:3128 as the proxy, and the setting is
> >> done by debian-edu-pxeinstall.  This do not happen when I test it, but
> >> I have seen it some times.  Can you tell us more about how you
> >> installed the main-server in question?  What was the network
> >> environment during installation and first boot?
> >>

> > I fixed it manually putting the correct IP, now squid gets populated
>
> That is a workaround, but I would love to figure out the root cause.
> The PXE setup inherit the proxy setting from the host, and if for some
> reason this is wrong, the PXE setup will be wrong too.
>
> > Not that bad:
> >
> > -error: ./doc: RElease manual have 9 FIXME....
>
> Expected.
>
> > -error: ./nagios: Nagios count NUMSVCCRIT is not zero but 1 (two lines)
>
> Probably the DNS test reporting that it can't look up
> www.skolelinux.org.  Did the machine have Internet connectivity and
> access to do DNS lookups externally during boot?
>
> > -error: ./webcache: WPAD file 'http://wpad/wpad.dat' is missing HTTP
> > proxy info.
>
> This is the indicator of the proxy problem.  I am not sure how to
> trigger it.  Perhaps you can help by telling more about the network
> environment where you installed the main server?  I suspect it is
> relevant, as I do not get this bug myself when I test.

I was reading the thread that taffit has started tonight... Maybe related?

Anyway, I have a 10.164.88.0/23 segment given by the Telephon provider. All the
schools are inside this single large 10.0.0.0 network. I have a
dchp/dns running at 10.164.88.2, gateway 10.164.88.1. DHCP
passes also a secundary dns outside the /23 net (10.164.6.2)
For the NETINSTALL I leave the automatic preseed work (thus dchp).
Then after reboot I change the subnet with the provided script.

I also have a apt-cacher-ng which is served by a public IP, not in the
10.* lan but I didn't use it and I cannot figure out how it could be
disturbing.

I don't see any relevant point here.

Regards

Giorgio