[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Edu wheezy release in (or before) August or September or...?!!?

[Holger Levsen]
> Hi,
> so let's release in (or before) August or September (2013!) - or
> what's holding us up?

My goal is to release before August.

> 1.) "LTSP diskless workstation login using ldm (with sshfs) end up
> without kerberos tickets, and krb5-auth-dialog crash when trying to
> get one (part of 714825, only the crash problem is fixed in
> unstable). Might partly be fixable by making our own krb5.conf."
> Pere, what's the status of this? Should/is this (be) fixed in
> wheezy-test already?

I implemented what I believe is a fix, but will not be able to test it
with LTSP diskless workstations until tomorrow.

> 2.) "we need to decide: do we want to release an i386 binary DVD and 
> amd64/i386 usbstick image plus the i386 netinst CD?"
> IMO yes we should release these four (incl source) images. Any reason not to 
> document this in the manual now?

I am not quite sure we need the i386 DVD.

I published alpha3 with the amd64/i386 usbstick and amd64/i386 netinst
CD, and did not include the i386 binary DVD, to see if anyone was
missing it.

Can anyone let us know if they really need the i386 DVD and can not
get their work done using the netinst CD or the USB stick ISO?

> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Status/Wheezy also lists some other
> known problems, but IMO nothing which should hold us off doing a
> release. Read that (whole page) for yourself :-)

I agree.

> As I asked on irc:
> <h01ger> are we ready for beta1 now?
> <h01ger> and shall we do betaX from wheezy-test, while rcX will be
> done from (our) wheezy?

As I said earlier, as soon as the gosa fix was in, we should do a
beta1.  And I believe we should make the betas from wheezy and not

> If the first blocker is fixed (in wheezy-test) by now, I don't see
> anything preventing us calling the current wheezy-test images
> "beta1" - well, maybe except for a debian-edu-install upload for
> doing this technically :)

Actually, I believe we can release beta1 even without the first
blocker fixed. :)

Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen

Reply to: