Re: Edu wheezy release in (or before) August or September or...?!!?
+1 for a quick release, before school "reboot" :)
Which is the most up to date ftp folder for wheezy images?
(Just a little confusing, IMHO)
I'll do a production install anyway this week.
On Sun, Jul 07, 2013 at 05:34:47PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> so let's release in (or before) August or September (2013!) - or what's
> holding us up?
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Status/Wheezy lists as "Blockers for a
> 1.) "LTSP diskless workstation login using ldm (with sshfs) end up without
> kerberos tickets, and krb5-auth-dialog crash when trying to get one (part of
> 714825, only the crash problem is fixed in unstable). Might partly be fixable
> by making our own krb5.conf."
> Pere, what's the status of this? Should/is this (be) fixed in wheezy-test
> 2.) "we need to decide: do we want to release an i386 binary DVD and
> amd64/i386 usbstick image plus the i386 netinst CD?"
> IMO yes we should release these four (incl source) images. Any reason not to
> document this in the manual now?
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Status/Wheezy also lists some other known
> problems, but IMO nothing which should hold us off doing a release. Read that
> (whole page) for yourself :-)
> As I asked on irc:
> <h01ger> are we ready for beta1 now?
> <h01ger> and shall we do betaX from wheezy-test, while rcX will be done from
> (our) wheezy?
> If the first blocker is fixed (in wheezy-test) by now, I don't see anything
> preventing us calling the current wheezy-test images "beta1" - well, maybe
> except for a debian-edu-install upload for doing this technically :)
Giorgio Pioda - Sysadmin SPSE-Tenero
Cell +41 79 629 20 63
Uff. +41 91 735 62 48