Re: Use the same display manager for all desktop options?

[Wolfgang Schweer]
> gdm3 registers users in utemp.

Good.

> If bug #648604 isn't solved in time, gdm3 could be used with LXDE
> and Xfce; IMO gdm3 would fit better than kde concerning consitency.

Not without automatically installing most of gnome when asking to
install xfce. :(

The maintainer reply we just got tell me that #648604 is not going to
get solved in Wheezy in time, so we need to come up with some other
solution.  Backporting the newer lightdm and putting it in our
repository is one alternative.  Adding consolekit support to killer
can be another.  Perhaps we can add some pam module for lightdm to
update utmp (easy to write using pam-python)?  Any other ideas?

--
Happy hacking