Re: Installing new workstation

[Andreas Weller]
> Hi.
> How to add a workstation to a tjener server - not a terminal or a
> diskless workstation? I just did a plain (skole squeeze based)
> installation to hard disk - but there's still my old problem with "no
> home directory found". The workstation is connected to the main
> network.

See <URL: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Squeeze/GettingStarted#Machine_Management_with_GOsa.2BALI- >.
Machines are only allowed to mount home directories if they are listed
in the workstation-hosts NIS netgroup.

> For installation I chose "workstation" in the text mode
> installer. DHCP is working and I can ping tjener. So I suspect there's
> something wrong with adding the Workstation to gosa²: do I need to
> assign the workstation's IP from a special IP range - or is the
> default 10.0.2.x good? Which NIS groups must the machine belong to?
> How to add a new workstation to gosa²?

You need to enable DHCP, DNS and add the machine to the
workstation-hosts NIS netgroup.  And perhaps wait a minute or so for the
setup to propagate.

--
Happy hacking