Installing new workstation

Hi.
How to add a workstation to a tjener server - not a terminal or a
diskless workstation? I just did a plain (skole squeeze based)
installation to hard disk - but there's still my old problem with "no
home directory found". The workstation is connected to the main network.
For installation I chose "workstation" in the text mode installer. DHCP
is working and I can ping tjener. So I suspect there's something wrong
with adding the Workstation to gosa²: do I need to assign the
workstation's IP from a special IP range - or is the default 10.0.2.x
good? Which NIS groups must the machine belong to? How to add a new
workstation to gosa²?

Thank you and
regards,
  Andreas Weller