Re: some feedback after alpha install

[Nigel barker]
> attached. I also included warnings. I suppose the memory error means
> something went wrong with the install?

Not really.  I believe the "memory error" just is DMI reporting that
you have error correcting ram.  The only errors (you grepped for
error, not error:) are these:

  error: ./cups: URL 'https://www:631/' is not working.
  error: ./cups: URL 'https://localhost:631/' is not working.
  error: ./doc: Release manual have 14 FIXMEs.  Please fix at http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Wheezy .
  error: ./nagios: Nagios count NUMSVCCRIT is not zero but 1.

Nagios is probably discovering that you lack Internet connection.  Not
sure why cups is complaining.  Look like an old error we fixed a while
back.

> Yes. I will document this if you can tell me how long the pw must be.

I had a look in tools/kerberos-kdc-init, and there

  kadmin.local -q "addpol -minlength 5 users"

is called.  I believe this mean that the passwords must be at least 5
characters long.

I guess we should at least mention it in
Perhaps other places too?

> Something I forgot to mention, is that the welcome/configuration
> page on tjener needs English fixes. How do I do that?

Edit debian-edu-config/www/index.html.en.  Note that this will
invalidate translations.

--
Happy hacking