Re: Release time, now ?
On Fri, Jun 07, 2013 at 12:56:56PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Giorgio Pioda]
> > Sorry for asking again... I'm boring, I know,
> > but I need some planning.
> > Will we be ready soon, at least for a beta?
> I sure hope so, with the two blockers fixed. But I believe we should
> do another alpha when the fixes are in place, and if this hold up for
> a week or so, we should move on to betas.
> > I'll propably install the real hardware on a rc release.
> I did a main-server+workstation installation today which failed to set
> up a working first user. I entered username guest and password guest,
> and the LDAP object showed up but no kerberos principal was created.
> This might be because kerberos refuses short passwords or refuses to
> create users with its own username as the password,
Yes, that's for sure the problem. I've seen more time this refuse.
> but we should keep
> an eye on this and see if this is a new problem caused by changes to
> debconf templates or something only happening for guest/guest.
> So I suggest alpha2 released as soon as fixed slbackup-php and gosa
> packages are installed by default in our test setup, and then work on
> the ISO stuff (DVD, source DVD) and the wheezy repo (as opposed to the
> current wheezy-test repoy) and release beta0 when this is done.
> Would be nice to get the artwork fixes included for alpha2 or beta0,
> but I do not believe we need to wait for it. It would have to be in
> place before we release, but that can happen after a few betas. :)
> Any objections?
Great, I could do a new maiserver install test on KVM as soon as the new alpha2
will be out, just to check user account creation.
Giorgio Pioda - Sysadmin SPSE-Tenero
Cell +41 79 629 20 63
Uff. +41 91 735 62 48