[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Release time, now ?

[Giorgio Pioda]
> Sorry for asking again... I'm boring, I know,
> but I need some planning.
> Will we be ready soon, at least for a beta?

I sure hope so, with the two blockers fixed.  But I believe we should
do another alpha when the fixes are in place, and if this hold up for
a week or so, we should move on to betas.

> I'll propably install the real hardware on a rc release.

I did a main-server+workstation installation today which failed to set
up a working first user.  I entered username guest and password guest,
and the LDAP object showed up but no kerberos principal was created.
This might be because kerberos refuses short passwords or refuses to
create users with its own username as the password, but we should keep
an eye on this and see if this is a new problem caused by changes to
debconf templates or something only happening for guest/guest.

So I suggest alpha2 released as soon as fixed slbackup-php and gosa
packages are installed by default in our test setup, and then work on
the ISO stuff (DVD, source DVD) and the wheezy repo (as opposed to the
current wheezy-test repoy) and release beta0 when this is done.

Would be nice to get the artwork fixes included for alpha2 or beta0,
but I do not believe we need to wait for it.  It would have to be in
place before we release, but that can happen after a few betas. :)

Any objections?

Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen

Reply to: