Re: More new packages for Debian Edu

[Nigel Barker]
> I don't have konqueror, because I'm using lxde. Will lxde be an option
> in debian edu wheezy?

I believe lxde already was an option in Squeezy.  But a little tested
one, so I do not know if it is or was working.  I believe the task
file was using the packages you recommended.  Just install with
desktop=lxde.  Those caring for lxde need to test and fix the problems
remaining.

Please test and let us know if it do not work. :)

>> Will this replace or complement the scim-anthy package already in
>> the lang-ja-desktop task?
>>

> replace.

Right.  Please have a look at
and let us know if other plackages should be replaced too.

> Liberation is installed by default I think. However this packages
> has more fonts, even the dreaded comic sans. When people bring their
> ppt or even odp made at home, there is a better chance of it looking
> ok.  Personally I don't like non-free either, but I have to keep
> people happy, and that's what these packages are for. But anyway,
> they are just an aptitude away. I certainly don't want anyone to
> think I am pushing these packages in any way. Rather I just wondered
> if you were interested to see what else I install apart from
> scratch.

It was very welcome, and already triggered improvement that should
make it to alpha1. :)

--
Happy hacking