Re: Install scratch by default on Debian Edu Desktops in Wheezy?

On 21 April 2013 17:56, Wolfgang Schweer <wschweer@arcor.de> wrote:

>> visual programming.  The scratch package is available in Debian
>> Wheezy, but not installed by default in Debian Edu.  Should we install
>> it as part of the desktop profile?
>
> I believe that this wood be appreciated.

Dear All,

In case you're interested, this is what I install on plain
wheezy(lxde) workstations joined to the skolelinux nw. I imagine much
of this will already be in debian edu, of course. (At least scratch is
available in debian now. I used to have to use the ubuntu package on
lenny.)

ibus-anthy scratch lmms kdegraphics kdeedu inkscape scribus-ng gvrng
drpython freemind ttf-mscorefonts-installer ttf-larabie-deco
ttf-vlgothic escputil vlc gcompris dia vym kcalc kdenlive
python-easygui chromium flashplugin-nonfree bluefish audacity
icedtea-plugin ntp

I also remove these two because homes from tjener fail to mount:
network-manager network-manager-gnome

cheers
nigel