Re: More new packages for Debian Edu (Was: Install scratch by default on Debian Edu Desktops in Wheezy?)

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 25. April 2013, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> I see the advantages, but worry that Konqueror, Iceweasel and Chromium
> are too many browsers to include.

we should install+include chromium.

we should drop this idea of having a combined amd64+i386install medium, it
bites us all the time and the benefit is small, at best.

having chromium (or foo or bar or baz) is a direct benefit.

plus all the time we waste trying to make things fit.

my proposal:
- i386 only netinst CD
- amd64 only netinst CD
- i386 only DVD
- amd64 only DVD
- i386+amd64 netinst like medium, not bound by CD size constrainst (aka 2gb
usbstick image)

This way chromium will nicely fit.

cheers,
	Holger