suggestion for bug#311188 // Re: Report from Debian Med Sprint

Hey Jonas, how is it going?

Am Freitag, 8. März 2013 schrieb Jonas Smedegaard:
> I argue that even though all Debian Edu packages are in Debian, it can
> only be installed outside of Debian.  Reason for that is bug#311188.

First thought coming into my mind:
You can't install a fish tank from within the fish tank, either,
yet it is a fish tank...

But, after reading the bug report and some of its comments,
I wonder if this could solve it (to meet the rules without losing the power):

Imagine there was a unionfs layer to put the altered conf files, while
leaving alone their orignal versions on the base layer?

Regards
Ralf