Re: suggestion for bug#311188 // Re: Report from Debian Med Sprint

Hi Ralf,

Quoting Ralf Gesellensetter (2013-03-08 19:42:59)
> Hey Jonas, how is it going?

Fine, thank you.  Hope you are well too.

> Am Freitag, 8. März 2013 schrieb Jonas Smedegaard:
> > I argue that even though all Debian Edu packages are in Debian, it
> > can only be installed outside of Debian.  Reason for that is
> > bug#311188.
[distracting joke snipped]
> I wonder if this could solve it (to meet the rules without losing the
> power):
>
> Imagine there was a unionfs layer to put the altered conf files, while
> leaving alone their orignal versions on the base layer?

Yes, avoiding interaction with the Debian system would obviously
sidestep issues of violating rules on _how_ to interact.  Similar to how
abstaining from sex is an pretty effective way to avoid sexual diseases.

It has been tried a few times in the past, e.g. by Wolfgang Rohrmoser as
I recall.  In case you are curious to investigate further.

 - Jonas