Re: Upgrading Squeeze to Debian-Education?

[Bengt Thuree]
> Hmm.. This will make it a tad difficult...

Yes.  But not impossible, just a bit hard to get right.

> XEN is the virtualization system I am using, and unfortunately, so far
> I have been unable to get it to install from the CD.  It would be
> easier if the CD was prepared for XEN (as the normal Squeeze CD is, it
> has special vmlinuz and initrd.gz for xen and netboot). At least that
> could be something to think of for the future.

What about installing using the CD in for example kvm or virtualbox, and
then migrate the resulting disk image to xen?  It would be easier, as
you could install the Xen kernel files into the disk image in virtualbox
before you migrate.

Btw, according to
possible to boot Xen fully virtualized (instead of paravirtualized) from
a install CD.  Did you try this?

--
Happy hacking