Re: Upgrading Squeeze to Debian-Education?

On 14/10/12 19:26, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Bengt Thuree]
>> Hmm.. This will make it a tad difficult...
> Yes.  But not impossible, just a bit hard to get right.
:) Yes, I understand that, and something I will keep in mind to dig
into, if booting from CD is not working.

>> XEN is the virtualization system I am using, and unfortunately, so far
>> I have been unable to get it to install from the CD.  It would be
>> easier if the CD was prepared for XEN (as the normal Squeeze CD is, it
>> has special vmlinuz and initrd.gz for xen and netboot). At least that
>> could be something to think of for the future.
> What about installing using the CD in for example kvm or virtualbox, and
> then migrate the resulting disk image to xen?  It would be easier, as
> you could install the Xen kernel files into the disk image in virtualbox
> before you migrate.

This is also on my agenda to test, since I have it sort of working in KVM.
Just need to get the interfaces to work :) Did not bother with them,
just wanted to get something up to see how it looked.

> Btw, according to
> possible to boot Xen fully virtualized (instead of paravirtualized) from
> a install CD.  Did you try this?
Thanks :)
I found a similar one earlier, which I could not make working.
Now I think I understand why though, since this instruction was a bit
clearer on the boot parameter.
Will try it in 1-2 weeks (since I am currently out of town)

Bengt